Expect some route delays this week due to higher traffic volumes related to the Bridge Run on Saturday 09.25.21.
- On Thursday, September 23rd and Friday September 24th due to increased traffic volumes related to the Bridge Run in the North Charleston near the Coliseum and Tanger Outlets as well as Downtown, all routes traveling in those areas can expect some possible delays.
- All buses including Express buses will be running on regular schedule but may be affected by the high volumes of traffic.
Route Service Day of Bridge Run – Saturday September 25, 2021
On Saturday, September 25th all routes that travel into the downtown area will be affected by road closures, detours and high volumes of traffic, expect possible delays.
- DASH route 211 will not start until the race is completed. DASH 210 and 213 will run on a detour.
- Routes 10, 11, 20, 30, 31, 33, 40, and 41 will all have detours. Click the link below to view all detours that will be in effect until service returns to regular service after the roads are reopened.
Mt. Pleasant Service:
In order to be as efficient as possible to transport our passengers around Mt. Pleasant and to Downtown while the bridge is closed during the Bridge Run, Routes 40 and 41 will run as follows on Saturday morning 9/25/21:
- Rt. 40 has three vehicles dedicated to it. One bus will circulate only in the Mt. Pleasant area. Using Towne Center as a transfer point, passengers can transfer to the other two Rt. 40 buses that will travel back and forth to the Downtown area via I526 until the completion of the race.
- Rt. 41 will run only in Mt. Pleasant on a detour until the race is completed. It will also stop at Towne Center as a transfer point to the Rt. 40 that will be traveling downtown.
Expect some delays on these routes until the bridge has reopened and service returns to normal.
Riders are encouraged to use the transit app and/or the Text or Call for Next Bus (843-202-4410) features for real time route information. Customer service representatives can be reached at 843-724-7420 and will be available through the chat feature located here at ridecarta.com.
Click CARTA 2021 Bridge Run Service Impacts to view detours and missing stops for Saturday service