Hurricane Ian- Update 4 – Final advisory
Service has resumed. Expect some delays and possible detours on some routes.
Hurricane Ian- Update 3 -Saturday service to be determined
7pm (09.30.22) – Staff will be out surveying the area and road conditions Saturday morning to determine service levels and start times for Saturday service. Riders can expect some if not all service to resume Saturday with some delays. More information will be provided Saturday morning.
Hurricane Ian- Update 2 -Service adjustments
5pm (9.29.22) – CARTA will be suspending service early Thursday evening and all service will be suspended for Friday September 30, 2022. CARTA officials will be monitoring conditions on Friday to determine service for Saturday, October 1st. See official press release below for details:
CARTA OFFICIALS ANNOUNCE SERVICE ADJUSTMENTS RELATED TO HURRICANE IAN
SERVICE TO CONCLUDE EARLY THURSDAY EVENING, REMAIN SUSPENDED FRIDAY
NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. (Sept. 29, 2022) – In light of current local weather predictions related to Hurricane Ian, CARTA service will conclude early Thursday evening (details below). All CARTA service is suspended Friday, Sept. 30, 2022 and may resume Saturday, weather permitting.
Due to the expected storm impacts, including high winds forecast to begin later this evening, CARTA officials have announced the following service adjustments for Thursday, Sept. 29, 2022:
- Rt. 10- Last bus leaves Mary St. @ 9:05pm; last bus leaves Health South @ 7:50pm
- Rt. 11- Last bus leaves Mary St. @ 7:09pm, last bus leaves Tanger @ 7:17pm
- Rt. 12- Last leaves Superstop @ 7:00; last bus leaves Otranto @ 7:30pm
- Rt. 13- Last bus leaves Tanger @ 7:10pm; last bus leaves Superstop @ 7:20pm
- Rt. 20- Last bus leaves Meeting and Broad @ 7:00pm
- Rt. 30- Last bus leaves Transit Mall @ 7:00pm; last bus leaves Citadel Mall to Transit Mall @ 6:45
- Rt. 40- Last bus leaves Mary Street @ 6:30pm to Mt. Pleasant
- Rt. 31- Last bus leaves Mary Street @ 6:45pm; last bus leaves Sol Legare @ 7:30pm
- Rt. 32- Last bus leaves Superstop @ 6:30pm, last bus leaves Citadel Mall @ 6:30pm
- Rt. 33- Last bus leaves Bilo @ 6:05; last bus leaves Mary Street @ 6:00pm
- Rt. 41- Last bus leaves Mary Street @ 6:00pm
- Rt.102- Last bus leaves Superstop @ 6:00pm; last bus leaves Ashley @ 6:38pm
- Rt. 104- Last bus leaves Superstop @ 7:00pm; last bus leaves Tanger @ 6:40pm
- Rt. 210- Last bus leaves Aquarium @ 6:23pm
- Rt. 211-Last bus leaves Visitors Center @ 6:35pm
- Rt. 213- Last bus leaves Mary Street @ 6:20pm
- Rt. 301- Last bus leaves Citadel Mall @ 6:35pm; last bus leaves Walmart @ 7:05pm
- Ex. 1- Run full schedule
- Ex. 2- Last bus leaves Jonathan Lucas to Mt. Pleasant @ 6:32pm; last bus to Citadel Mall @ 7:13pm
- Ex. 3- Run full schedule
For further information and future updates, please visit rideCARTA.com or follow @rideCARTA on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Riders are also encouraged to download the “Transit” smartphone app for service change notifications.
The Charleston Area Regional Transportation Authority is a public transportation system dedicated to providing affordable transit in the Charleston community through local fixed routes, on-demand paratransit service and express commuter routes. For the latest on CARTA, visit ridecarta.com, like us on Facebook or follow on Twitter at @RideCARTA. All customers are encouraged to plan rides and track buses with the CARTA-endorsed Transit app.
Chloe Field, Account Manager
Daniel Brock, Regional Strategist
Account Manager, Public Relations and Social Media
Hurricane Ian- Update 1
11am (9.29.22) CARTA officials continue to closely monitor Hurricane Ian. We are encouraging all riders to take any trips to prepare for inclement weather and conduct all business as soon as possible today.
Riders should anticipate potential service delays, disruptions and possible service suspension as roads close and conditions deteriorate. If operations are suspended, we will return to regular service on all routes as soon as it is safe to do so. Riders please be on alert; this is a very fluid situation and changes can occur very quickly. Staff and officials will be working to get any information out regarding changes in service as quickly as possible.
Riders are encouraged to follow us @RideCARTA on social media and check the website periodically for any announcements regarding any service changes. Announcements and alerts will also be posted via the Transit app and Google Transit. If you would like to receive alerts about service, simply select the routes you would like to receive alerts for in the Transit app.
Hurricane Ian – Inclement weather threat 9.28.22
12pm (9.28.22) – CARTA officials continue to closely monitor Hurricane Ian. There may be some delays and potential service disruptions associated with the storm later in the week. Riders are encouraged to follow us @RideCARTA on social media and check the website periodically for any announcements regarding any service changes. Announcements and alerts will also be posted on the Transit app and Google Transit.