Week of Bridge Run
Expect some route delays this week due to higher traffic volumes throughout the area related to the Cooper River Bridge Run on Saturday 04.02.22
- On Thursday, March 31st and Friday, April 1st due to increased traffic volumes related to the Bridge Run, riders can expect potential delays on all routes traveling in the North Charleston area near the Coliseum and Tanger Outlets as well as in the Downtown Charleston area as participants pick up their packets and weekend activities begin.
- All buses including Express buses will be running on regular schedule but may be affected by the high volumes of traffic.
- FRIDAY NIGHT – Expect some route delays and detours Friday after 6pm in the downtown area as road closures begin in order to prep for the run.
Route Service Day of Bridge Run – Saturday April 2, 2022
On Saturday, April 2nd all routes that travel into the downtown area will be affected by road closures, detours and high volumes of traffic, expect possible delays.
- DASH routes 210 and 211 will not start until the race is completed. DASH 213 will run on a detour.
- Routes 10, 11, 20, 30, 31, 33, 40, and 41 will all have detours. Click the link below to view all detours that will be in effect until service returns to regular service after the roads are reopened.
Mt. Pleasant Service:
In order to be as efficient as possible to transport our passengers around Mt. Pleasant and to Downtown while the bridge is closed during the Bridge Run, Routes 40 and 41 will run as follows on Saturday morning 4/02/22:
- Rt. 40 has three vehicles dedicated to it. One bus will circulate only in the Mt. Pleasant area. Using Towne Center as a transfer point, passengers can transfer to the other two Rt. 40 buses that will travel back and forth to the Downtown area via I526 until the completion of the race.
- Rt. 41 will run only in Mt. Pleasant on a detour until the race is completed. It will also stop at Towne Center as a transfer point to the Rt. 40 that will be traveling downtown.
Expect some delays on these routes until the bridge has reopened and service returns to normal.
Riders are encouraged to use the transit app and/or the Text or Call for Next Bus (843-202-4410) features for real time route information. Customer service representatives can be reached at 843-724-7420 and will be available through the chat feature located here at ridecarta.com.
Click CARTA 2022 Bridge Run route detours to view detours that will occur the day of the bridge run – Saturday, April 2, 2022.