Inclement weather threat 8/30/23 UPDATE 2
In light of current weather predictions including heavy winds, CARTA officials have announced several route adjustments to begin this afternoon:
- Rt. 30 will still operate with one vehicle on an hourly schedule.
- Rt. 31 & Rt. 33: Buses will detour using Spring and Cannon St. to avoid the James Island Connector
- Rt. 40: The last trip leaving Mary St. into Mt. Pleasant at 4:30pm. The last trip leaving Hungry Neck is at 5:10pm arriving at Mary St. at 5:54pm.
- Rt. 41: Last trip leaving Mary St. at 4:30pm and will leave Stuart Engals Blvd at 5:15pm arriving at Mary St. at 5:55pm.
- Rt. 42- Schedule runs as is.
Check back periodically on ridecarta.com, social media and the Transit app for the latest updates as the storm progresses.
Inclement weather threat 8/30/23 UPDATE 1
11am (8/30/23) – CARTA officials continue to closely monitor Hurricane Idalia. At this time, all services other than the ones listed below are running as scheduled, however riders should anticipate some delays and detours, especially in flood-prone areas. Riders are encouraged to follow us @RideCARTA on social media and check the website periodically for any announcements regarding any service updates. Announcements and alerts will also be posted on the Transit app and Google Transit.
- Route 203 Medical Shuttle – Service currently suspended
- Express – PM service has been suspended
At this time service expected to resume on 08/31/23.