CARTA Airport Express Route 4 Services (Public Transit)
- Airport Express Rt. 4 will be running normal route service and will be available and accessible for Bridge Runners to travel from Downtown Charleston Meeting Street at bus stop # 461 to the Expo in North Charleston to pick up race packets.
- The bus stop at the Downtown Visitor Center has changed. The stop is no longer located in the Visitor Center bus shed. Passengers will now use the bus stop located on Meeting Street across from the Charleston Museum (Stop #461).
Route Service Thursday April 4th & Friday April 5th
On Thursday, April 4th and Friday April 5th due to Bridge Run traffic combined with the Volvo Car Open and Flowertown Festival visitors; expect possible delays due to anticipated high volumes of traffic.
All buses including Express buses will be running on regular schedule but will be affected by the high volumes of traffic.
Any extreme delays may affect the Bus Tracker and Text or Call for Next Bus functions. Please call customer service for route information if your route is severely delayed at 843-724-7420.
Route Service Day of Bridge Run – Saturday April 6, 2019
On Saturday, April 6, 2019 all routes that travel into the downtown area will be affected by road closures, detours and high volumes of traffic, expect possible delays.
- DASH route 211 will not start until the race is completed. DASH 210 and 213 will run on a detour.
- Routes 4, 7, 10, 11, 20, 30, 31, 33, 40, and 41 will all have detours. Click CARTA 2019 Bridge Run Service Impacts to view all detours and stops that will be missed during the detours along with alternate stops to use until service returns to regular service after the streets are reopened.
Mt. Pleasant Service:
In order to be as efficient as possible to transport our passengers around Mt. Pleasant and to Downtown while the bridge is closed during the Bridge Run, Routes 40 and 41 will run as follows on Saturday morning 4/6/19:
- 40 has three vehicles dedicated to it. One bus will circulate only in the Mt. Pleasant area. Using Towne Center as a transfer point, passengers can transfer to the other two Rt. 40 buses that will travel back and forth to the Downtown area via I526 until the completion of the race.
- 41 will run only in Mt. Pleasant on a detour until the race is completed. It will also stop at Towne Center as a transfer point to the Rt. 40 that will be traveling downtown.
Expect some delays on these routes until the bridge has reopened and service returns to normal.
Click CARTA 2019 Bridge Run Service Impacts to view detours and missing stops for Saturday service
Bus Tracker and Text or Call for Next Bus features:
Saturday morning and early afternoon the Bus Tracker and Text or Call for next bus features will not be working for impacted routes that will be detouring including:
- DASH routes 210,211,213
- Routes 4, 7, 10,11,20,30,31,33, 40,41
The functions should return to normal after routes get back on regular schedule when all streets are reopened at the conclusion of the race.