Open Position: Cash Clerk (part-time)
Click Cash Clerk position to apply online
Berkeley-Charleston-Dorchester Council of Governments has an opening in our North Charleston office for a part-time Cash Clerk. Hours of work are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 8 am to 2 pm.
Essential Functions of the position include:
- Reconcile money received into cash room from multiple bus routes. Verifies accuracy of amounts received.
- Organizes cash and passes. Separates currency for bank deposit.
- Complete cash sheets, deposit summaries and discrepancy reports per agency procedure. Prepares bank deposit. Advises supervisor of any discrepancies.
- Ability to operate and monitor money counting equipment.
- Follows established agency procedures to maintain secure environment in cash room.
- Coordinates work with other staff members as needed to provide the smooth flow and exchange of information. Serves as back up to other staff members as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent and one year of cashier experience preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work well with others. Must be detail orientated and have the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Clear results on a thorough background check which could include prior employment verification, personal and professional references, criminal history, credit history, motor vehicle records.
- General knowledge of Berkeley Charleston Dorchester Counties.
Qualified applicants please send your resume:
BCD Council of Governments, Human Resources
Attention: Star Ross
1362 McMillan Avenue, Suite 100
North Charleston, SC 29405
Apply in person at:
CARTA office located at 3664 Leeds Ave., North Charleston