REGULAR SERVICE PLANNED TO CONTINUE INTO WEDNESDAY
CARTA will begin operating an emergency circulator on the Charleston Peninsula beginning at noon on Tuesday, Sept. 11. The 14-stop circulator, which can be viewed here, will offer pick-up hourly. All riders are encouraged to call the Charleston County Emergency Public Information Line at (843) 746-3900 with any questions.
The emergency circulator will run in addition to regular service all day Tuesday. CARTA anticipates operating at full capacity into Wednesday or until conditions become unsafe. Riders on the emergency circulator will be taken to the Charleston County Public Service Building. The county will provide transportation to regional emergency shelters based on occupancy.
In addition to the emergency circulator, as conditions allow during the evacuation, CARTA will:
- Transport those with mobility impairments (disabilities) to an appropriate shelter.
- Transport individuals with pets who would like to evacuate to a pet-friendly shelter.
Contact the Charleston County Emergency Public Information Line at (843) 746-3900 and a vehicle will be dispatched to transport disabled residents and those with pets to directly to pet- and special needs-friendly evacuation shelters.
- A map of the emergency route operated by CARTA and the pick-up points can be viewed at here.
- CC-101: Bus stop at Meeting Street and Mary Street.
- CC-102: Bus stop at Meeting Street and Johnson Street.
- CC-103: Bus stop at Fishburne Street and Rutledge Avenue.
- CC-104: Bus stop at King Street and Mt. Pleasant Street.
- CC-105: Bus stop at Calhoun Street and Alexander Street.
- CC-106: Bus stop at Beaufain Street and Market St. (Canterbury House).
- CC-107: Bridgeview Village Apartments – 106 D. North Romney Street.
- CC-108: Bus stop at Doscher Avenue and Peonie Street.
- CC-109: Bus stop at Rutledge Avenue and Gordon Street.
- CC-110: Bus stop at Rutledge Avenue and Cannon Street.
- CC-111: Bus stop at Rutledge Avenue and Bennett Street.
- CC-112: Bus stop at Broad Street and Logan Street.
- CC-113: Bus stop at East Bay Street and Hassel Street.
- CC-114: Bus stop at Morrison Drive and Romney Street.
The latest Hurricane Florence CARTA-related news can be found at ridecarta.com/Florence. Information will also be available on CARTA social media channels, @ridecarta on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.