Effective September 16, 2019
Route 104 is being modified to improve the efficiency of the routes
CARTA WILL MAKE THE FOLLOWING MODIFICATIONS TO INCREASE EFFICIENCY ON ROUTE 104
- Slight modifications in route schedule. Please view new schedule carefully for slight modifications.
- Adding service to North Charleston Transit Center (Served by Amtrak/Southeastern Stages/CARTA).
- Relocation of several stops along the east Montague Ave. corridor between Rivers Ave. and Durant to new stops located on Mixson Ave., Durant and Rivers Ave.
Click Route 104 Montague Ave. 091619 to view full schedule.
Below are changes to impacted stops starting on Monday 09.16.19
|Direction||Stop Removed||Nearest New Stop|
|Outbound||Mixson Ave/Wando Rd #219||Mixson/Montague|
|Outbound||E Montague Ave/Mixson Ave WB #223||Mixson/Montague|
|Outbound||Montague Ave/Upjohn #258||Mixson/Montague|
|Outbound||E Montague/Gaynor Ave #243||North Charleston Transit Center|
|Outbound||E Montague/Piedmont Ave #216||Rivers/Alton|
|Inbound||E Montague Ave/Gaynor St #221||North Charleston Transit Center|
|Inbound||Montague Ave/McDowell Ave #246||Mixson/Montague|
|Inbound||Mixson Ave/Montague Ave #229||Mixson/Montague|
Effective May 5, 2019
Route 13 and Route 31 are being modified to improve the efficiency of the routes
Route 13 Remount Road
- Daily timepoints are adjusted to improve efficiency. Passengers should review the full schedule to view changes and impacts to their daily commute.
- The route will now service Casper Padgett Way on the inbound trip.
- Click Route 13 Remount Road_050519 to view the new schedule.
Route 31 Folly Road
- The schedule is modified to better accommodate for increased traffic and observed traffic conditions in the area. Passengers should review the full schedule to view changes and impacts to their daily commute.
- Click Route 31 Folly Road_050519 to view the new schedule.
Effective January 6, 2019
Route 31 and Express 4 are being changed to improve the efficiency of the routes
Route 31 Folly Road – Summary of Changes
- Route will now travel on Calhoun St. in downtown area and will no longer travel on Spring St./Cannon St. improving the route choices for passengers.
- Route will provide direct service to MUSC and CofC.
- Route will provide better connections between James Island and West Ashley with new transfer point to Rt. 33 at Croghan Spur and Fielding Connector (Near Ripley Point Rd/California Dreaming).
- Route will service Central Park Ave. and Fleming Rd. going toward downtown.
- Route will continue to service Secessionville Rd., however route will no longer serve Old Military Rd./Battery Island Rd. Ext.
- Route will now service Grimball Rd. Ext.
- Route is extended to Harris Teeter at Folly Rd. and Sol Legare Rd.
- Route will now offer more trips on weekdays; 3 more trips on Saturday and 2 more trips on Sunday.
- Route will provide earlier trips in AM with service will now starting at 5:25 a.m.
- In line with goals to reduce the length of time between trips, the wait time has decreased by an average of 25 minutes. The frequency of this route will improve from 1 hour,45 minutes to 1 hour,20 minutes and from 90 minutes to 70 minutes on Saturday.
New stops downtown Charleston
- Calhoun St./Jonathan Lucas St.
- Calhoun St./Ashley Ave.
- Calhoun St./St. Phillip St.
New stops on Fleming Rd./Central Park Rd. area
- Central Park/Folly Rd. (across the street from the current stop, on Central Park)
- Central Park @ EME Apartments (across the street from current stop)
- Central Park/Fleming Rd. (across the street from current stop)
- Fleming Rd./Hollings Rd.
- Fleming Rd./Stir Creek Rd.
- Fleming Rd./Maybank Hwy. (Shelter being installed by The Standard at James Island Apartments)
- Maybank Hwy./ Wappoo Creek Dr. (across from current stop)
Additional new stop
- Croghan Spur/Fielding Connector (both sides of the street) –Connecting transfer point to Rt. 33
To view full schedule click Route 31_Effective 1.6.19
To view full bus stop list click Route 31 Full Bus Stop List_Effective 1.6.19
Express 4 Airport Express – Summary of Changes
- Route is extended to Meeting St. and Broad St.
- Route will have 7 new stops in the downtown area (Stops will be located at current HOP stops #3-#9 along Meeting St. and East Bay St.).
- Route will operate every 70 minutes.
- Passengers will now board on Meeting St. at the Visitor Center; bus will no longer board in the bus shed.
The following stops will now be added to route:
- Meeting St. and John St. (Bus Stop #461)
- Meeting St. and Calhoun St. (Bus Stop #445)
- Meeting St. and Market St. (Bus Stop #443)
- Meeting St. and Broad St. (Bus Stop #511)
- East Bay St. and Vendue Range (Bus Stop #512)
- East Bay St. and Market St. (Bus Stop #513)
- East Bay St. and Calhoun St. (Bus Stop #51)
To view full schedule click Route 4 Airport Express_Effective 1.6.19
To view full bus stop list click Route 4 Airport Express Full Bus Stop List_Effective 1.6.19