Effective January 6, 2019
Route 31 and Express 4 are being changed to improve the efficiency of the routes
Route 31 Folly Road – Summary of Changes
- Route will now travel on Calhoun St. in downtown area and will no longer travel on Spring St./Cannon St. improving the route choices for passengers.
- Route will provide direct service to MUSC and CofC.
- Route will provide better connections between James Island and West Ashley with new transfer point to Rt. 33 at Croghan Spur and Fielding Connector (Near Ripley Point Rd/California Dreaming).
- Route will service Central Park Ave. and Fleming Rd. going toward downtown.
- Route will continue to service Secessionville Rd., however route will no longer serve Old Military Rd./Battery Island Rd. Ext.
- Route will now service Grimball Rd. Ext.
- Route is extended to Harris Teeter at Folly Rd. and Sol Legare Rd.
- Route will now offer more trips on weekdays; 3 more trips on Saturday and 2 more trips on Sunday.
- Route will provide earlier trips in AM with service will now starting at 5:25 a.m.
- In line with goals to reduce the length of time between trips, the wait time has decreased by an average of 25 minutes. The frequency of this route will improve from 1 hour,45 minutes to 1 hour,20 minutes and from 90 minutes to 70 minutes on Saturday.
New stops downtown Charleston
- Calhoun St./Jonathan Lucas St.
- Calhoun St./Ashley Ave.
- Calhoun St./St. Phillip St.
New stops on Fleming Rd./Central Park Rd. area
- Central Park/Folly Rd. (across the street from the current stop, on Central Park)
- Central Park @ EME Apartments (across the street from current stop)
- Central Park/Fleming Rd. (across the street from current stop)
- Fleming Rd./Hollings Rd.
- Fleming Rd./Stir Creek Rd.
- Fleming Rd./Maybank Hwy. (Shelter being installed by The Standard at James Island Apartments)
- Maybank Hwy./ Wappoo Creek Dr. (across from current stop)
Additional new stop
- Croghan Spur/Fielding Connector (both sides of the street) –Connecting transfer point to Rt. 33
To view full schedule click Route 31_Effective 1.6.19
To view full bus stop list click Route 31 Full Bus Stop List_Effective 1.6.19
Express 4 Airport Express – Summary of Changes
- Route is extended to Meeting St. and Broad St.
- Route will have 7 new stops in the downtown area (Stops will be located at current HOP stops #3-#9 along Meeting St. and East Bay St.).
- Route will operate every 70 minutes.
- Passengers will now board on Meeting St. at the Visitor Center; bus will no longer board in the bus shed.
The following stops will now be added to route:
- Meeting St. and John St. (Bus Stop #461)
- Meeting St. and Calhoun St. (Bus Stop #445)
- Meeting St. and Market St. (Bus Stop #443)
- Meeting St. and Broad St. (Bus Stop #511)
- East Bay St. and Vendue Range (Bus Stop #512)
- East Bay St. and Market St. (Bus Stop #513)
- East Bay St. and Calhoun St. (Bus Stop #51)
To view full schedule click Route 4 Airport Express_Effective 1.6.19
To view full bus stop list click Route 4 Airport Express Full Bus Stop List_Effective 1.6.19