As CARTA moves toward an all-electric fleet, there is an outstanding need for comprehensive planning that improves the overall performance of the network. These efforts include a need for research and development of plans to transition to an all-electric fleet. As such, CARTA is seeking qualified firms to lead the development of an Electric Bus Master Plan to support CARTA’s Fleet Modernization Project.
CARTA will provide complimentary transportation within its service area to the Arthur W. Christopher Recreation Center warming shelter located at 265 Fishburne Street on Monday, Nov. 30 and Tuesday, Dec. 1.
- When boarding, riders should inform drivers they would like to go to the warming shelter.
- Riders will be taken to the Mary Street transit hub (if boarding a route that services Mary Street) or to a connection point with a route that services Mary Street.
- From Mary Street, Route 213 Lockwood/Calhoun will transport riders to the shelter.
- The last departure from Mary Street will occur at 9:20 p.m. each night.
As CARTA continues to closely monitor the ongoing situation related to COVID-19, the safety of our passengers, employees and community members remains our top priority.
All enhanced protocols, such as requiring a mask when riding, are intended to help keep passengers and staff safe as we move through the pandemic. With that in mind, please note:
- If you feel sick, stay home and do not ride the bus.
- Wash your hands frequently and avoid touching your face.
- Cover your mouth with tissue or cough/sneeze into your bent elbow – not into your hands.
- Maintain as much distance as possible between yourself and other passengers and bus operators.
Also, be reminded that free masks and hand sanitizer are available on all vehicles.
Thank you for your cooperation and support.