CARTA has established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) and Small Business Participation Program in accordance with regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), 49 CFR Part 26. The purpose of the goal setting process for CARTA’s DBE Program is to determine the overall program goal for the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) funding it receives for Federal Fiscal Years 2017-2019.
It is the policy of CARTA to ensure that DBE’s, as defined in 49 CFR Part 26, have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in DOT-assisted contracts. It is also our policy -
- To ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of DOT-assisted contracts
- To create a level playing field on which DBE’s can compete fairly for DOT-assisted contracts
- To ensure that the DBE Program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable law
- To ensure that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBE’s
- To help remove barriers to the participation of DBE’s in DOT assisted contracts
- To assist the development of firms that can compete successfully in the market place outside the DBE Program
- To facilitate competition in DOT-assisted public works projects by small business concerns, both DBEs and non-DBE small businesses.
Following the prescribed goal setting process, CARTA has established a DBE Usage Goal for FTA-funded projects as 12 percent for fiscal years 2017-2019.
Charleston Area Regional Transportation Authority
1362 McMillan Ave.
Charleston, SC 29405
Fax: (843) 529-0305